The following terms apply to all datasets that are accessible through the DATICE repository.
The following agreement is made between you and the University of Iceland to grant you (the "user") with the right to download and use the collections provided via DATICE, in accordance with the terms below.
For the purposes of this Agreement, the following terms have the following meanings:
"Other terms" means any additional terms that apply to a user's use of one or more datasets, as notified to the user in Article 5 of this Agreement.
"Responsible person" means the party who is responsible for the system and issues a user license, in this case DATICE on behalf of the University of Iceland.
"Data collection funder" means the individual, institution or company that financed the collection and/or creation of a data collection. The funder is specified in the metadata for the dataset.
"Service funder" means the individual, institution or company that finances access to the data service. The service provider of the service is specified in the metadata that applies to the dataset.
"Data Team" means, in relation to a particular dataset, the register, the service funders, data collection funders, and/or the original data creators or depositors.
"Metadata" means any additional information or bibliographic information about one or more of the datasets.
"Personal data" has the same meaning as stated in point 2, Paragraph 1, Article 3, Act no. 90 from 2018 on personal protection and processing of personal information; i.e. data as personally identifiable or personally identifiable individuals, with respect to other information derived from published material.
"Original author or contributor of data" means the individual, institution or company that originally collected, created or submitted the material to the repository and/or who has intellectual property rights in the dataset.
I (the "User") agree to the following terms for access and reuse of data in the DATICE repository:
1. To use the data collections only in accordance with these User Terms and to notify promptly the registrar and the data service provider of any non-compliance with its terms in writing or of any infringements of the data collections of which I become aware.
2. To use and to make personal copies of any part of the data collections only for the
purposes of not-for-profit research or teaching or personal educational development. To
obtain permission prior to using part or all of the data collections for commercial
purposes by contacting the registrar and/or relevant data service provider, where
relevant, in order to obtain an appropriate licence from the rightsholder(s) in question
or their permitted licensee if one is available.
3. That this license does not imply, in any way, the transfer of intellectual property rights by a data team or other rightholder to me.
4. That the license and access to datasets are granted by the data service team without any responsibility or liability.
5. To comply with all other terms that DATICE informs me from time to time and as may apply to access to or use of certain content within the data repository or a specific dataset. I may be notified of other terms electronically, for example by means of a pop-up window when downloading one or more data files. My acceptance of the further conditions shall be required before I gain access to the data
collections in question.
7. To ensure that the means of access to the data (such as passwords) are kept secure
and not disclosed to a third party except by special written permission or licence obtained from the original data service provider.
8. Always maintain confidentiality of information from the data relating to individuals and/or households where such information is not considered public. Not to use the data to attempt to obtain or derive information relating specifically to an identifiable individual or household, nor to claim to have obtained or derived such information. In addition, to maintain the confidentiality of information about, or supplied by, organisations recorded in the data collections. This includes the
use or attempt to use the data collections to compromise or otherwise infringe the confidentiality of individuals, households or organisations.
9. To specify in any published material (whether printed, electronic or otherwise published) that is based in part or in full on the data from DATICE, the original and subsequent authors, contributors or rightsholders of the data and DATICE as the publisher. That I will cite, in any publication, whether printed, electronic or broadcast, based wholly or in part on the data collections, the data collections used in the form specified on the data distribution notes or in accompanying metadata received with the dataset or notified to me.
10. To provide DATICE with bibliographic information on published material (whether printed, electronic or otherwise published) which is based in whole or in part on the datasets.
11. That the members of the Data Team may hold and process any personal data submitted by me for authentication, statistical purposes, and for the management of the Service. Information collected at the point of registration with the Service, under the terms and conditions of registration and this Agreement will only be passed to: (1) a data collection depositor in relation to my use of the data collection, when there has been a breach of the terms of this User agreement, or the data collection depositor requires information on how you have used that data collection; (2) my own institution or organisation where necessary
for the administration of the Service; and (3) where my research funder requires me to
deposit data with the Service to confirm whether the deposit has taken place. We also
share anonymised and aggregated statistics with depositors about the use of their data
12. To inform DATICE of any errors found in the datasets.
13. To the best of my knowledge, all personal information I provide is accurate.
14. That I will at the end of my data processing or research (or sooner if a member of the Data team so requests) offer any new datasets created from the material used, or through the use of the data together with other data, for sharing in the DATICE repository, in a suitable format. Submitted datasets will contain appropriate supporting documents so that the new datasets can be made accessible to others.
15. That at the end of the data processing I will delete all copies of the data, including temporary copies, printed copies, private copies, backups, derivative datasets and all electronic copies, including copies in portable formats such as on CD, DVD disk or memory sticks.
16. I understand that non-compliance with any of the provisions of this Agreement will lead to immediate termination of my access to all services provided by the Data team either permanently or temporarily, at the discretion of a member of the Data team, and may result in legal action being taken against me. I understand that where there is
compliance with this Licence, it may be terminated, or its terms altered, by a member of the Data Team either after 30 days’ notice; or, if a service charge has been paid in advance, at the end of the period for which payment has been made, whichever is the longer. The failure to exercise or delay in exercising a right or remedy provided by this
Agreement or by law does not constitute a waiver of the right or remedy or a waiver of other rights or remedies.